Genie Kahn, M.A., MFT, Life Coach

805-452-9958 * Genieksb@aol.com

Mick Jagger famously proclaimed, "You can't always get what you want."

Clearly he had never heard of Life Coaching.

* * * * *

BRYAN CRANSTON ON AUDITIONING

                                                                       

This is what Bryan Cranston had to say:

"The best advice for fellow actors is this: know what your job is...I was going into auditioning trying to get a job and that wasn't what I was supposed to be doing.

An actor is supposed to create a compelling interest in the character that serves the text, presented in the environment where your audition happens, and then you walk away. And that's it. Everything else is out of your control so don't even think of it. Don't focus on that. You're not going there to get a job. You're there to present what you do. You act. And there it is. Walk away. There is power in that. There is confidence in that. And it's also saying I can only do so much. And then the decision of who might get a job is so out of your control that when  you analyze it, it makes no sense to hold onto that.

That to me was a breakthrough. And once I adapted that philosophy, I never looked back. And I've never been busier in my life than once I grabbed onto that."


Please read this frequently as you go into pilot season. Breathe it in, embrace it, understand it, know it. 

It's worth repeating:  "YOU'RE NOT GOING THERE TO GET A JOB. YOU'RE GOING THERE TO PRESENT WHAT YOU DO. YOU ACT. AND THERE IT IS. WALK AWAY. THERE IS POWER IN THAT. THERE IS CONFIDENCE IN THAT. "

No comments:

Post a Comment